- Items ordered online from Restoring Piece before 3:00pm (CST) are shipped same-day Tuesday through Friday. All orders arriving after the deadline will be shipped next business day.
- Items ordered between Friday 3:00pm (CST) and Monday prior to 3:00pm will be attempted to be shipped on that Monday, but are not guaranteed as this is outside of normal operating hours.
- All items shipped from Restoring Piece are sent via USPS (unless USPS delivery is unavailable), and customers will be provided tracking information.
- If a customer does not receive standard USPS delivery, it must be denoted on their order. Any returns due to USPS not regularly delivering to that area is the responsibility of the customer, and the customer will be responsible for covering any additional shipping charges.
- Any issues/concerns with items shipped pertaining to damage/incorrect order composition must be reported to Restoring Piece within 10 business days. Reporting can be via email, phone, letter or any other documentable process.
For Paint, Stain and Topcoats:
- Opened paint, stain or wax products cannot be returned for any reason. Once opened, the item is the possession of the customer.
- Unopened paint, stain or topcoat may be returned with receipt (electronic receipt is acceptable) within 30 days of purchase to Restoring Piece for store credit at 100% of the original purchase price, including tax.
- In the cases where the purchased product appears to be inconsistent or defective, Restoring Piece will issue an exact exchange or store credit for the defective item. The judgement of inconsistent or defective product is at the sole discretion of Restoring Piece.
- Restoring Piece is responsible for items being properly packaged. The carrier (USPS, IPS, FedEx, etc.) is responsible for safe and proper delivery. All shipments from Restoring Piece are insured through the carrier. If any canned item (paint, stain, topcoat, etc.) incurs a loss of product due to damage, Restoring Piece will cover the loss either through refund or replacement (with proper pictures of the damage). If cans are dented in shipment, but do not sustain loss of product, this is the responsibility of the carrier. Most carrier claims can be made at https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm. If you have trouble, Restoring Piece will gladly assist you in finding the best resource.
For non-Paint, Stain and Wax products purchased in store:
- All sales are final, unless item is damaged/defective through shipping or manufacturing.
For items special ordered from the manufacturer through Restoring Piece:
- Items not picked-up within 30 calendar days of arriving at Restoring Piece will be placed into the "for sale" inventory. If the item sells after 30 days, but prior to the customer picking it up, the customer will receive store credit for their purchase minus a $10 re-stocking fee per item.
- Unused items special ordered that are returned in original packaging will be offered a store credit equal to the original purchase price plus applicable taxes, minus a $10 re-stocking fee.
Custom Painted, Repaired or Built Items:
- Work orders are prepared and approved by customers prior to work starting. Final acceptance occurs at pick-up/delivery, and thus sales are completed at that point.